Saturday, September 11, 2010

Review: The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

Published: May 5th 2009 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing

Details: Hardcover 276 pages

Description: Some summers are just destined to be pretty

Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer -- they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one wonderful and terrible summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along



Cover Review: I thought the cover to really be a nice summery cover. When I saw the cover in the store that is what made me want to read it.


Review: I will start by saying I loved this book and the fact it was a nice easy read. This story is about first loves and how they aren't as you always thought they'd be. I think Jenny Han really does a great job on the emotions and actions throughout it all.  At first I really did think Belly was just some immature girl but the more I read the more I found she was actually just like teens this day. She was in love with Conrad, her moms best friends oldest son, even though she thinks Conrad doesn't give a rats butt about her. She has started to really blossom into a young lady over the past summers and Jeremiah, Conrads brother, has started to take notice to her even though she sees him as just a pal. But not just Jeremiah is taking notice to her so is another boy in town Cam. When she starts hanging out with Cam it causes more tension then before he came along with Jeremiah and Conrad. Belly finds out alot about herself throughout the book and as the chapters do go from past to present it gives you insight on why she loves summer and the beach house. All the while letting you in on why she is so in love with Conrad.  The book did leave me with a few questions but not to worry I will be picking up the second book soon. I would recommend this book if you like easy fast reads  that make you want to go lay out and read.

I give this book a 4 1/2 star rating!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment